Saturday, February 4, 2012

Please Support Tortillas for Tepecoyo!!!

So if you're reading this...it probably means you've been reading my blog since August while I was studying abroad in El Salvador. First of all, thank you so much for listening to my random rants and thoughts throughout the semester. It means a lot to know that people care about what I was up to while I was abroad. Second of all, I would like to ask a favor of all of you.
Upon my return home, my praxis partners and I decided to start a website in hopes of raising some funds for Angelica an the comedor. Angelica does some really amazing work and has been doing so for the past 11 years. However, the prices of corn, rice, beans, and vegetables have risen significantly following heavy rains this past October that left El Salvador in a state of Natural Disaster. As a result, Angelica has been struggling to provide the children with the food they need. Now, more than ever, Angelica needs outside support.

Katie, Ella, and I started Tortillas for Tepecoyo in hopes of ensuring that the kids of Tepecoyo don't go hungry. When the kids have food to eat they have more energy and are healthier which also means they do better in school. All of the kids we met while in El Salvador were incredibly smart and love going to school. We want to make sure they can keep going to class with a smile on their face for many years to come.

If you could take the time to check out Tortillas for Tepecoyo at http://tortillasfortep.blogspot.com I would greatly appreciate it.
$1 buys 1 meal for a child
$5 feeds one child for an entire week
$25 funds the comedor for a day

Any donation, no matter how small, will have a positive impact on the comedor and the lives of the children that Angelica feeds everyday.

One other favor I have to ask is if you could please send on the link to any family, friends, or coworkers that might be interested in donating.

From the bottom of my heart, I thank you so much for all of your support!!!!

Paz y amor from Tepecoyo 

No comments:

Post a Comment